Bilingual Technical Support Specialist
Position: Bilingual Technical Support Specialist
Work Address: Markham, ON L3R 0J2
Work days: Monday to Friday
Work hours: 8 am to 4 pm
Start date: Immediately or with 2 weeks' notice
Vacation: 3 weeks
Benefits: Flex plan, drugs, dental, vision
Annual education allotment of $1,5 (related to field)
Travel: Less than 2 months over a year (1 week in each office location in Montreal, Quebec City Vancouver, Calgary, Victoria, Ottawa)
What is the work environment like?
Busy, can be stressful, agents have to multi-task, i.e.: while on the phone they will need to keep an eye on ticket queue as response time is tied to an SLA.
Will have about 20 calls per day and 20 tickets.
They have a Starbucks on site as well as a cafeteria that serves hot lunches.
They just put a social committee in place and do pot lucks, plan team events outside of work, have a monthly newsletter
They meet as a team once a month and individually once a month
A lot of opportunity to participate in different projects, a lot of cross training,
- Must be bilingual (English/French)
- Windows 10 or 7 deployment experience/post migration experience
- 5 years experience in a Service Desk environment, or equivalent training and education.
- 5 years technical support experience in Windows environment
- Provide advanced technical support to team members globally
- Assist Level 1 analysts with resolving escalated issues
- Assist with ad-hoc user escalations from the leadership team
- Back-up, re image, and configure laptops for redeployment
- Understand hardware break/fix policy, check devices for warranty, assist users with completing the appropriate hardware E-Forms
- Create knowledge documents and share with the team
- Assist with Windows 10 company-wide deployment; some travel may be required
- Maintain the Windows 10 image and share with the vendor accordingly
- Provide world-class customer service by treating each user with priority
- ITIL Foundation certification an asset
- Excellent customer service, communication and analytical skills.
- 5 years of experience in a Service Desk environment, or equivalent training and education.
- 5 years of technical support experience in Windows environments
- Good knowledge of networking, cabling, LAN technologies, NICs in order to troubleshoot connectivity issues.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Problem identification and root cause analysis
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong analytical, communication, and customer interfacing skills
- Work well in a busy team, being quick to learn and able to deal with a wide range of issue
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Be Inquisitive and analytical, always looking for things that can lead to systems outages
- Be flexible, creative and resourceful, able to "connect the dots"
- Be a great communicator with the ability explain issues to others quickly and concisely.