A fantastic opportunity has arisen at a company that specialize in the Wood flooring and Stone industry for an experienced Accountant / Accounts Manager who wants to further their career within this field.
You will require a strong experience in Excel, Sage Line 50 , Payroll and CIS; including processing CIS payments / reconciliations to Sub Contractors and CIS deductions/reconciliations from Customers. You will have sole responsibility of all aspects of the day to day processing and Accounting functions within the company.
This would be an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Accountant who is looking to take on more responsibility. We are a growing and progressive company and this Role will become more varied as we are looking to automate our Stock Control, so you will need to be willing to take on new responsibilities as the Company grows.
- Purchase & Sales Ledger maintenance & reconciliation
- Dealing with suppliers chasing payments
- Credit control
- Bank & Credit Card maintenance & reconciliation
- VAT returns
- Annual returns
- Payroll processing using Sage Payroll and HMRC Basic Tools
- PAYE reconciliation and monitoring
- CIS processing and RTI reporting
- Annual Returns
- Expenses/ petty cash processing
- Jobs costing
- Financial reporting
- Year-end accounts preparation
- Project analysis
- Project by project cost analysis
- Factory Processes
- Reporting to the Director of the business
- preparing financial statements, business plans, commentaries and budgets for management or client reports;
- regularly undertaking audits, involving the examination of the organisation's accounts, analysing risk, inspecting the organisation's current practices, investigating any financial irregularities and recommending improvements;
- reviewing, implementing and adapting new and existing financial systems and controls;
- producing and analysing annual and monthly accounts;
- providing regular financial reports, as and when they are needed;
- managing expenditure, credit, payroll and investments;
- liaising with clients (individuals or businesses) or non-financial members of staff, providing financial information and advice;
- advising managers on financial policy and control, such as the costs and benefits of a particular project;
- dealing with, and advising on tax issues, ensuring compliance with tax legislation;
- advising clients on areas of business improvement, or dealing with insolvency;
- negotiating business terms with associated organisations such as suppliers;
- managing colleagues.
- Prepare monthly management reports and record month end journals/provisions for accurate profitability analysis
- Statutory compliance, including submission of VAT returns, Payroll FPS, companies’ house annual returns & PSC statements.
- Carry out general book-keeping administrative and ad-hoc work.
- Evaluate financial information for management purposes;
- Support directors in managing and growth of the business and provide timely reporting to reduce cost
Strictly no agencies and please note that we will require two references for this role which will be taken up on commencement of employment.