Lincolnshire LN10 6PU
Salary c. £19,998 – £23,000 depending on experience per annum plus benefits + pension, 33 days annual leave (includes Bank Holiday and company days)
The national governing body for amateur golf in England runs over 50 various championship events each year, they are looking for someone to join them to support, organise and deliver their handicap events.
Representing the organisation when attending events you will be working with both professionals and volunteers. You must have experience of running golf tournaments and a good knowledge of the rules of golf.
Additionally you will need:
- A broad experience of golf and golf administration
- Be able to deal with the public in a variety of situations
- Have prior experience running golf tournaments and working in an administration or office environment
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of people and provide excellent customer service
- Prior experience of managing and answering rules of golf enquiries
- Be able to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and volunteers
Events Officer Role and Responsibilities
- Provide information and answering of queries in relation to the Rules of Golf in a variety of formats.
- Coordinate all entries and entry fees
- Be responsible for all incoming general correspondence/telephone/fax/e-mail enquiries
- Prepare appropriate correspondence and collation of responses for future host venues
- Organise and determine accommodation requirements and bookings
- Prepare and process event documentation as needed
- Ensure equipment and prizes are ordered as required
- Conduct and manage pre-tournament site surveys and meetings with club officials in preparation for hosting national championships and tournaments.
- Update and maintain the Championship website.
Closing date for applications - Wednesday 2nd January 2019 at 11am
How to apply as Events Officer
If you have the desired skills and experience and would like to be considered for this Events Officer opportunity click ‘apply’ and watch out for an email explaining the next steps to complete your application.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills / experience: Golf Events Officer, Events Manager, Golf Events, Events Coordinator