Teacher - Full-time
Pay: To be negotiated for the right candidate
Start Date: Jan 2019
An exciting opportunity has become available to join the teaching team at Upton Junior School as a Key Stage 2 teacher.
We welcome applications from enthusiastic and highly motivated teachers who are newly qualified and /or experienced teachers wishing to broaden their teaching experience and face new professional challenges.
Salary is negotiable depending upon experience.
Successful candidates will:
- Fully embrace our 'One Childhood One Chance' philosophy
- Have the potential to develop further as an outstanding practitioner - our children deserve nothing less!
- Be committed to collaborative working. Upton Year Group teams thrive with the 'All for one and one for all' philosophy.
- Be able to engage, motivate and support pupils, staff and parents; with flair; sensitivity and with consistently high expectations
- Possess the drive and determination to ensure our pupils receive a first class educational experience.
- Want to be part of the 'Viking Academy Team', working with innovative and dynamic staff across the Trust to enhance Teaching & Learning for all our Viking pupils
We can offer you:
- A strong, dynamic Leadership Team working across the Trust to ensure the three schools are outstanding
- Fabulous pupils, each deserving a teacher that will willingly go that extra mile to ensure they succeed.
- A staff team that are committed to ensure all pupils achieve their potential
- First class Induction Programme; whether you are a NQT or an experienced teacher; you will receive excellent support in the transition to your new role
- Outstanding continuing professional development opportunities
- A dedicated, sociable team who will warmly welcome you aboard the 'Upton Ship!'
Applicants are strongly advised to make an appointment to tour the school and meet Miss Arthur, Head of School, prior to submitting an application. This will allow potential candidates to discuss the teaching positions available, possible middle leadership responsibilities and see Upton in action!
Applications submitted via Kent-Teach.
Closing date: Midday 10th December 2018.
Interviews will take place: Monday 17th December 2018.
- Induction provided for NQTs
- Teachers currently in post at another school: Mutually convenient induction days to be arranged
The Viking Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the care and welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service records check and references.
The positions available will initially be fixed term until August 2020.
Information about the school
The Viking Academy Trust is a primary only, Multi-Academy Trust consisting of three inspirational schools: Upton Junior School, Chilton Primary School and Ramsgate Arts Primary School.
Our One Childhood One Chance philosophy resonates throughout everything we do at the Viking Academy Trust.
The Viking Academy Trust has a dedicated staff team determined in their efforts to ensure all pupils receive a first class educational experience. We combine a broad, challenging, high-quality education with excellent pastoral care and extra-curricular opportunity.
Our aim is to educate our pupils in the broadest sense, offering a firm foundation for life, a challenging but safe environment and a strong community spirit.
Our pupils; staff, parents and governors are proud of their schools - come and see why!
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.