Data Analyst - Survey Vehicles
About The Role
TRL’s Infrastructure Services Group has an exciting opportunity for a talented individual with excellent data interpretation/ analysis skills – and an interest in civil engineering and technology. The successful applicant would join our industry leading team responsible for performance assessment of state-of-the-art road condition survey vehicles. The vehicles themselves incorporate a range of laser, geospatial and optical based technologies and are used to measure the condition of the nation’s road network.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
The role will involve a number of different aspects including;
- Processing and analysing the data collected by traffic speed survey vehicles to set parameters using bespoke and standard software packages.
- Reporting on the analysis and assessing system compliance against detailed performance specifications.
- Organising and undertaking third party vehicle testing programmes. This will involve visiting test tracks and network survey sites.
- Supporting the operation of TRL’s survey vehicles and equipment and the collection of reference data.
- Ensuring Health & Safety and Environmental procedures are strictly followed
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will have practical experience of processing, analysing and reporting on large and complex data sets from civil engineering assessment technologies. Particular requirements include:
- Science, maths or engineering based qualifications/education or be able to demonstrate appropriate equivalent experience/capability.
- Experience with using data analysis and reporting tools/methods.
- Polished report writing skills and ability to confidently present issues and observations with data
- Attention to detail to be able to identify and investigate anomalies in data sets.
- Good communication skills, as the role involves liaising with both clients and contractors.
- A willingness to occasionally work in the field undertaking vehicle testing programmes.
- A full driving licence
- Experience or knowledge of road condition surveys, standards or engineering.
- Experience in accreditation and/or Quality Assurance processes
- Practical experience operating road condition assessment equipment or similar technologies
This is a multi-faceted role that would suit a capable analyst/scientist/engineer/technician, ideally with a scientific, mathematics or civil engineering qualification and with an interest in transport/technology.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate good written English and the confidence to communicate effectively with clients and team members at all levels of seniority.
At TRL we offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Support for professional memberships and further study
- 25 days annual leave (plus option to buy additional days)
- Life Assurance cover and Group Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible benefits package