Surgical Care Practitioner (Bank)
BMI Healthcare has a reputation based on 30 years of clinical excellence and commitment to our patients and staff. Our mission is to deliver exceptional experiences for the patients treated in hospitals throughout the UK – and to do that, we need exceptional people.
BMI Healthcare’s Woodlands Hospital in Darlington has a vacancy for a Surgical Care Practitioner to join their team of staff in the Theatre department.
This is a bank role working on an “as and when required” basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative
- Registered Practitioner with NMC or HCPC registration.
- Demonstrable competence (knowledge, skill and behaviour)beyond the standard expected of a qualified perioperative practitioner.
- Previous experience within this role is necessary
Duties of this role include:
- Support and communicate with the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients; demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- The SCP may make clinical judgments about the care of patients reflective of their agreed competences and delegation by the surgeon.
- Make clinical judgments about the care of patients reflective of their agreed competences and delegation by the surgeon.
- Conduct surgical intervention under instruction from supervising Surgeon, if deemed competent to do so.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.