Senior Theatre Practitioner opportunities at BMI Huddersfield Hospital
At BMI Healthcare we aim to be a magnet for the best healthcare professionals - we know that having the right team and continually investing in them through ongoing training and development is key to delivering our very high standards of patient care, and to the continued growth and success of our business.
We are currently recruiting for Senior Theatre Practitioners to join the fantastic team at BMI Huddersfield Hospital in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire.
The Huddersfield Hospital is an acute surgical hospital with 29 beds and is able to perform a wide range of minor to complex operations across a number of specialties including cardiology, orthopaedic, ENT, spinal, cosmetic and general surgery.
We are looking for people who share BMI’s belief in providing the highest possible standards of perioperative care to join the team.
Typical responsibies lities will include:
- Supporting care provision in the Operating Department by providing quality planned patient care during the perioperative phase for a varied range of procedures
- Completing mandatory surgical checks during all phases of the procedure
- Monitoring the patient’s condition throughout, taking appropriate action to manage any arising complications through meticulous contingency planning
- Promoting best practice applying all legislation, policies and procedures correctly
- Acting as a role model and mentor to develop junior staff
Desired Skills and Experience:
We’re looking for Senior Theatre Practitioners, ODPs or Scrub Nurses who have a current NMC or HPC registration. Whether your experience is in Anaesthetics, Recovery and/or Scrub, you must be proficient in using aseptic techniques at all times for a variety of acute general surgical procedures. In addition you will be able to take a lead role in managing your team and have additional post-registration qualifications relevant to your functional specialty.
In return for your hard work and commitment you will receive continuous professional development and training to grow your career with BMI via our dedicated in-house BMI Academy. You will also receive a competitive salary with flexible benefits including Private Healthcare, Childcare Vouchers, Life Assurance, Pension Scheme, 25 days holiday + bank holidays, free on-site parking, health screening and more.