Senior Clinical Pharmacist
BMI Bishops Wood Hospital in Northwood is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Clinical Pharmacist to join their team of staff in the Pharmacy department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree in Pharmacy MPharm, BSc or BPharm.
- Oncology experience essential
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a pharmacist.
- Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice.
- Post graduate clinical diploma in clinical pharmacy (hospital) or equivalent experience
- Provision of a clinical pharmacy service to a relevant clinical speciality.
- Recent experience of dispensing medicines and experience of medicine management in a hospital setting.
- Good organisational and planning skills - able to plan and organise straightforward tasks and programmes, and ensure effective control of pharmaceutical stock.
- Attention to detail
Duties of this role include:
- To provide pharmaceutical expertise and input to the care of the patients within a BMI hospital.
- Supporting the pharmacy department to deliver an excellent medicine management service to all customers, supervising the procurement, preparation, dispensing and distribution of medicines.
- To supervise junior staff members in the delivery of the medicine management service, and where necessary to assume responsibility for specialist clinical service.
- Compliance with BMI Policies and Procedures relevant to this role, ensuring you are fully aware of your responsibilities within these policies.
- Demonstrate awareness of regulatory requirements, taking appropriate action to ensure these requirements are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with all Infection Prevention and Control policies and procedures understanding your role in the prevention of infection in patients and staff.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.