Excellent Senior Legal Role in Global Technology business - reporting into European team
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Working with your internal stakeholders, you will support, negotiate, review and draft outbound software subscription and licensing amendments and contracts (and other IT related agreements), distribution and related support/service agreements for sales operations.
- Working with Sales to resolve customer contract issues.
- Ensuring customer contracts comply with company policy as well as applicable laws/regulations and otherwise protect the business’s interests and ensuring approvals are obtained.
- Advising on customer disputes and risk management issues.
- Responsible for maintaining up-to-date standard contracts from a legal and technical standpoint.
- Managing internal legal governance and risk management requirements on a deal-by-deal basis.
- Manage third party disputes and litigation working closely with business.
- Monitor existing contracts and licensing/support agreements to ensure timely renewals and resolving problems to achieve high-level customer satisfaction.
- Managing external counsel.
- Support on regulatory and compliance matters, such as anti-corruption, public procurement and competition law, to help prevent non-compliance and mitigate business risks in these areas
- Collaborate and seamlessly support with the wider legal team and provide advice on matters such as Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy, Security, HR and Intellectual Property.
- Provide advice on inbound licensing and general procurement.
- Where required/requested, provide support
- Planning and facilitating training with Sales and other team members to share expertise on a variety of subtopics related to role.
- Networking effectively to share subject matter expertise across a broad cross-section of the organization.
Skills and Experience required for the position:
- Minimum of 7 years post-qualification commercial legal experience in a law firm and/or in a legal department of a company; applications from professionals with IT law/software company background and a strong business acumen will be favorably considered.
- Ability to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language communications.
- Broad and deep knowledge of local/regional laws, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Personal Attributes of the successful candidate:
- Sense of pragmatism and can do attitude.
- Extensive software licensing experience and sound commercial awareness.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good judgment to enable you to be able to work closely, responsively and effectively with the local and regional managers, sales organisations and senior management both in the US and Europe.
- You will enjoy working as a team with sales and you will be solution-oriented whilst maintaining the integrity of the business’s policies.
- Proactive approach and ability to see the bigger picture, always with the customer focus at heart.
- Ability to work quickly, flexibly, under pressure and autonomously and will enjoy committing yourself to getting the job done within a fast paced environment.
- Self-reliant with high degree of professionalism and willing to work remotely as part of a global team and without micro-management.