Legal Counsel - Permanent Part-Time
Our client is a reputable Financial Consultancy offering financial advice and planning. With 320 employees and offices located all over the UK this is an opportunity for a permanent part-time legal counsel to support the business across a variety of Commercial & Corporate and Company Secretarial duties. You will have a strong Corporate background as the company's growth is strategy driven through acquiring other businesses.
The requirement is for 3 days per week (any days) with flexibility around days and a requirement of only 1 day per week in the office. Our client is not wedded to where this person is located as long as there is an ability to get to London one day a week as this role offers flexibility to work from home on the other 2 days.
As sole legal counsel you will have the confidence to work with internal and external stakeholders as well as external counsel across a variety of legal issues:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating legal contracts and agreements.
- Work with the acquisition team on M&As ensuring a thorough due diligence process and legal risk post M&A.
- Work across business operations with respect to a variety of legal issues around employment, consultancy arrangements and property leases.
- Preparation of board packs and follow up of post board meeting action plans.
- Implement and set up of company share scheme.
- Attend board and committee meetings when required.
To be suitable you must be a qualified Lawyer with a minimum of 4 years post qualified experience. You will have training from either an inhouse or private practice firm and have the requisite experience outlined above preferably in a medium to large sized company structure. M&A experience is essential and so is an ability to work autonomously.
All applications and conversations are in the strictest of confidence. To express your interest, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your interest.Jameson Legal acts as an employment business for temporary recruitment and as an employment agency for fixed term contract and permanent recruitment.