Travel Consultant - America Specialist
Our client is a successful and expanding UK tour operator selling tailor made holidays direct to the consumer. It currently specialises in Australia, New Zealand, Africa, South East Asia and America.
The company currently employs over 50 staff at its modern offices in Hertford. As part of a growth programme, it is looking to recruit additional sales consultants for its America division.
This is an ideal position for someone with travel industry experience or an excellent first step for someone beginning their career who can demonstrate the right personal qualities, academic standards and passion for travel.
You will be responsible for:
· Dealing with clients by telephone
· Planning and organising fantastic holidays for them, based on understanding their needs, your product knowledge and personal travel experience
· Meeting company sales and profit targets
· Working with colleagues and management towards the continued success of the company
To be successful you will need:
· A thorough first-hand knowledge of the destination you are working in
· A natural affinity with people and willingness to help
· A confident and persuasive telephone manner
· Self motivation with a desire to succeed
· Excellent organisational and administrative skills
· Educational qualifications to degree standard or relevant sales or travel industry experience
The company offers full product and travel industry training with excellent working conditions and opportunities for advancement. Discount is available for personal travel.
£18-£19k basic + commission
£21k minimum guarantee in the first year