Business Admin Support Assistant Apprentice - Greater Brighton Metropolitan
Greater Brighton Metropolitan College are seeking to appoint a Level 3 Business Admin Apprentice in the busy Student Services department, to support the administration of the student support processes and procedures. This exciting opportunity is based at our West Durrington campus or Brighton Campus.
This exciting opportunity is based at our West Durrington campus in Worthing or Brighton Central Campus, where the successful Apprentice will gain experience in a number of key student support areas, whilst studying for the advanced apprenticeship in Business Administration (Level 3).
This is an 18 month apprenticeship with 100% training delivery within the workplace, where you will meet with your assessor monthly and be assessed through a variety of ways including observation of practice, coursework, and 1:1s.
The successful candidate must have previous experience of working in an office environment, and this opportunity would particularly suit a Level 2 Apprentice wishing to progress to Level 3.
Applicants should demonstrate excellent organisational, communication and IT skills and the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive information. With a flexible and adaptable attitude, the successful candidate will also have proven administrative skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, a good standard of written English, and be able to work on own initiative and as a part of a team.
Main purpose and scope of the post:
- Provide efficient and effective administrative support to the Student Services department
The post holder will report to the Student Financial Services Supervisor on a day-to-day basis and will be accountable for the duties below. This list is not exhaustive and may vary from time to time in order that the accountabilities may be met.
- Provide general administrative support to the Head of Student Services to include organising appointments/meetings, raising purchase orders and invoices, and maintaining team annual leave and absence records
- Administer the student absence reporting system ‘eNotify’ and input notifications received via telephone, email and web forms into the system
- Utilise the eNotify reporting functions to provide attendance reports to confirm attendance, monitor absence or identify patterns of non-attendance
- Provide customer service support to include answering telephone calls, greeting visitors, and contributing to a friendly and welcoming environment
- Provide administrative support for the receiving, recording, processing and status monitoring of applications for student financial support
- Assist with general office duties including filing, shredding and photocopying, ensuring a tidy workplace is maintained
- Develop and maintain an understanding of all student support services within the College and signpost students to internal services as necessary
- Assist with all related activities undertaken by the Student Services department such as open evenings, enrolment, welcome days, induction, fresher’s events etc. (N.B. This may include occasional evening work)
- To follow and successfully complete a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship programme within agreed timescales. 1 day a week will be dedicated to this requirement
- Complying with College wide policies and procedures
- Undertaking any other duties as may be reasonably required by the Corporation