Commis Chef Apprenticeship
Learn how to work in every area of the kitchen. Rotating through different areas and roles and gaining a general grasp of working in a commercial kitchen. A Commis Chef is an important cog in the kitchen machine, and the decisions made will have an impact on the quality of food produced.
The employer will be interviewing throughout the recruitment process so the start date may be earlier than advertised.
The wage is £6.50 per hour so this will be between £195 and £260 per week.
The key tasks will include:
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene and health and safety
- Preparing ingredients for service
- Measuring dish ingredients and keeping on top of portion control
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- Working under pressure and ensuring food is served on time
- Gaining experience of all sections of the kitchen
The essential skills for the role include:
- A methodical approach
- Creativity and the ability to work fast
- Strong communication skills
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- Friendliness and responsive to others
- Hard working
There are no essential qualifications for the role however if you are offered the role you will be required to undergo a maths and English initial assessment to check that the programme of learning is appropriate.
A full-time chef job and progression through the ranks of the kitchen team.
Things to consider
The Sussex Ox is in a rural location, so own method of transport is desirable. There will also be split shifts.
One day per week you will be required to go to the Eastbourne, Hampden Park Campus as part of your day release programme.
The Hampden Park Train Station, is a 10 minute walk from the campus.