Lifeguard /Recreation Assistant
Are you looking for a job with flexible hours, to fit in with YOU?
Do you want to be part of a fun and exciting team?
Being a Lifeguard is an essential part of the operation of the Swimming pool and Centre. This is a responsible role which is key to the safety and well-being of our customers. We offer a variety of flexible opportunities that can fit around your commitments, be that college/university or family. Many of our current Managers started their career in leisure as a Lifeguard, and felt
it was a good stepping stone, gaining skills to set them up for the future. We are looking for a Lifeguard /Recreation Assistant to join our friendly and professional team at Prince Regent Swimming Complex. You will be responsible to ensure that the pool and centre users are safe at all times, and that their visit is an enjoyable one. You will need to have excellent customer service
skills, outgoing personality and used to dealing with people on a face to face basis.
Full Training will be given* (Subject to passing a swim competency test). See our website for dates of the courses running locally.
- To supervise and assist the leisure centre customers
- To be responsible for the users of the swimming pool, ensuring an enjoyable visit is had by all
- To understand the business and budgetary performance of the centre
- To be a proactive member of the leisure centre team
- Customer service understanding and awareness
- An appreciation and awareness of industry developments, new activities, trends and research
- NPLQ and First Aid at Work
Hours: We have flexible hours available, up to 39hrs a week.