HEAD OF ESTATES & FACILITIES
HEAD OF ESTATES & FACILITIES – NOVEMBER 2018.
This is a full time, all year round, permanent contract (37 hours per week). Payscale, SLT points 35 - 43 currently £31,343 to £38,929 full time equivalent.
The Academy Trust is seeking a Head of Estates & Facilities to join an established team, working across all of our academy sites, supporting the operational and strategic development of the expanding Trust, playing a key role in our expansion and development.
The Head of Estates & Facilities will work closely with the Leadership teams in the member academy in ensuring that the sites and facilities of the academies provide an effective and high quality environment in which the Trust can achieve its objectives. They will ensure that the buildings and site are clean, safe, secure, accessible and welcoming, while promoting teamwork and motivating staff to ensure effective working relationships are in place. This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, experienced applicant with the right experience, a flexible approach, strong communication and management skills to contribute to this rewarding and dynamic educational environment.
The main areas of responsibility are:
- To manage and develop with the Trust Officers and Headteachers, an effective Estates, Facilities and Health and Safety function across the Trust.
- To lead, shape and develop the Estates & Facilities Management function at Warden Park Secondary and across the Trust, to provide the best possible environment for teaching and learning.
- To support the Headteacher(s)/Leadership teams and other staff by providing professional skills, technical capabilities and specialist knowledge required to ensure that the academies in the Trust are kept open, fit for purpose, and that value for money is achieved from the budgets.
- To take responsibility and ensure that the day to day management of the estate at Warden Park secondary, and across the Trust, is achieved.
- To have a key role in income generation and be responsible for lettings and grants as part of the management of the estate at Warden Park secondary, and across the Trust, is achieved.
- To provide efficient, professional and effective Health and Safety advice to the Academy Trust (including compliance and legislation).
- To develop effective systems to support a customer-focused, effective and efficient delivery of Estates management processes and policies to an evolving and expanding MAT.
- To contribute to the Trust’s success, to engage with and supports all employees, to create an inspirational learning and working environment which nurtures and encourages the development of personal and professional excellence.
If you enjoy a challenge and are interested in this post, please download the application pack including our support staff application form below (also available from our website www.wardenpark.co.uk). Please return your completed application form and supporting letter by email to email@example.com If you have any questions please contact our HR Manager, Shirley Batchelor firstname.lastname@example.org tel. 01444 476556. Visits pre applications are very much welcome and recommended. We reserve the right to make an appointment before the closing date, so early applications are encouraged.
Sussex Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS Check as well as other pre-employment checks.
PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS MADE BY CV
Closing Date for applications: 10.00 on Friday 7th December 2018
Interviews: To be held during week commencing Monday 10th December 2018