Senior Desktop Engineer
Senior Desktop Engineer
37 hours per week - Candidates must be available to work between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday inclusive
Competitive salary + Benefits with fantastic development/training opportunities
Need to be Eligible for Security Clearances - this is an essential criteria for the post
Offering 3rd line desktop support to enterprise users of Microsoft windows operating systems, hardware, peripherals and smart devices.
You will be a team player with a flexible approach to working, also supporting site installations, moves, adds and changes (IMACS). Installation and support for network and telephony equipment.
This role is primarily based at Farnborough but working away at other sites will be required as requirements dictate.
· 3rd line desktop support to enterprise users
· Building and delivery of new desktop/laptop hardware & peripherals
· Supporting Audio Visual (AV) and Video Conferencing (VC) facilities
· Corporate mobile devices
· Managing of the helpdesk call system tickets (Resolve)
· Management of DAMS (desktop asset management system)
· Fault diagnosis/fix of corporate and standalone PC systems and peripherals
· Remotely assist network management teams with "remote hands" for fault diagnosis/fix of the corporate data & voice networks and cabling infrastructure.
· Effective working relationships with operational teams and internal customers
· Ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and work instructions
· To undertake other duties as directed by the Team Lead.
· Mentoring/training of less experienced team members
· Contributing towards internal knowledge bases
· Build relationship with the EUC team
· Be able to work under pressure.
· Self Motivating
· Have concern for excellence and service improvement.
· Health and safety of self and others
· Commitment to set, achieve and maintain a high quality service.
· Problem ownership
· To be relied upon to take a task through from conception to completion.
· Shows the commitment and ability to identify and understand the current and future needs of the customer, and be willing to go that 'extra step' to ensure the individual customer's needs are met.
· Must have exceptionable ability to work and communicate as part of a team and to be able to work on own initiative.
· Adapts to changing demands and conditions.
· Willing to keep up-to-date and build upon skill and knowledge base.
· Takes responsibility for own development and actively pursues learning and development opportunities.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Customer focus and vision
· Drive and determination
· Planning and organising
· Coaching of other team members
· Good problem and analytical skills
· Flexible approach to working
Experience & Qualifications
· An expert in all of the below (desirable)
· Accreditations and qualifications to include:
· Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE) or equivalent Qualifications
· IOS, Linux and other operating systems
· Comptia Cloud +
· Comptia Mobility +
· Comptia Network +
· Comptia Security +
· Comptia A+
· ITIL V3 Practitioner
· Demonstrable IT Infrastructure knowledge including:
· Configuration of network attached equipment
· Configuration control
· Local Area Networking
Knowledge of structured Cabling and infrastructure & fault diagnosis
· AV & VC equipment
· Wireless Networks
· CCTV systems
· Access Control systems
· Good understanding of IT security
· Excellent fault finding and problem solving skills
· At least 5 years Proven track record in desktop support in an enterprise environment
· Microsoft Office applications
· PC, laptop and printer hardware repair
· Service Management Ticketing - Resolve
· Ability to communicate with all levels of the organisation
· SC cleared essential
· Full driving licence essential
My client comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their employees make the critical difference to their customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help them make tomorrow work today?
If this role sounds like the one for you please hit apply!
If you want to know more reach out on 0161 924 1383 - looking forward to speaking with you!