Business Administration Apprenticeship
A great opportunity is available with Herbert Scott, in Lewes, East Sussex to join the team as a Business Administration Apprentice. This is an excellent opening for someone who wants a long-term career in the financial sector and wants to gain further qualifications. If you are organised, good with figures and have the desire to learn take a look!
- Arranging refreshments for meetings
- Preparing meeting rooms for meetings
- Accurate input of data into main database and other software
- Photocopying, scanning and electronic filing of documents
- Binding client reports
- Adding leads to iO
- Creating initial files for new clients and sending initial meeting packs
- Letters of authorities – gathering plan information and updating iO
- Supporting Senior Client Administrator with any further information required
- Supporting operations department as required
- Setting up Amber login details via the help desk with Amber Product Provider contact
- Running client ID checks
- Turning off commission on non-advisory clients
- Banking (paying in cheques)
- Comply with compliance and T&C procedures
- Any other tasks necessary to ensure smooth running of all client related processes
- Any other tasks reasonably requested by your employer
Tasks to be developed over the next 13 months:
- Prepare review meeting files, including updating plan information, values, plan summary and costs and charges schedule
- Provider contact including, cancelling withdrawals, obtaining valuations, general enquiries, update of new business progress
- Bed & ISA paperwork and submission
- Process new business and submit online
- Assist Senior Administrator with new business application form preparation
- Client contact relating to items in processes
- Review meeting organisation including booking reviews and sending meeting confirmation correspondence
- Manage review meeting questionnaires
- Process risk questionnaires Update letters on document designer, oversight by Ops Manager
Essential Skills for the Role
- Clear use of written English with accurate spelling and grammar
- Confident and effective communication skills
- Must be computer literate
- Good use of Microsoft Office Packages e.g. Word, Excel and Email
- Must be super organised
- Be friendly and helpful Flexible and able to prioritise a changing ‘to do’ list
- Have attention to detail and be accurate
- Able to work in a team (i.e. readily offer assistance to others)
- Reliable, punctual and conscientious
It is essential to have GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
This is a role that needs a lot of attention to detail and the successful Apprentice needs to be good with figures.
Please take this into consideration when applying as these qualifications are essential for the apprenticeship.
Herbert Scott are a frequent employer of apprentices. You will start off on the Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship and once you pass this there maybe the opportunity to join the company full-time.
Herbert Scott’s last three apprentices have stayed with the company long term and undergone further training. One is currently studying to gain a Diploma in Financial Services Regulations to work towards becoming a Financial Planner, one is studying to gain their Certificate in Financial Services Regulations to become a Financial Planning Assistant and another employee has taken a slightly different route, although they are studying to gain their Certificate they have taken an interest in the Technical Department and gaining a lot of knowledge on investments.
This is definitely a company offering the opportunity to jump start your career.
Things to consider
Herbert Scott is located just a short walk from Lewes Train Station and is serviced by several bus routes. The apprenticeship is completely based in the workplace so there will be no need to travel to college, instead the Assessor comes to you and delivers the qualification in the workplace.
The salary will be between £175 and £192.50 per week dependent upon experience. After six months this will be reviewed based on performance.
When you enter the twelfth-thirteenth month of your apprenticeship if higher you will be paid minimum wage for your age. There will of course be a new wage aligned to your new role after the Apprenticeship has finished.