Apprentice Chef - Award winning Drakes Hotel - Brighton
At Drakes we are a professional kitchen open 7 days a week, offering full a la carte and tasting menus to hotel guests and outside customers. Drakes run Saturday and Sunday lunch menus, as well as catering for weddings and corporate events.
The Apprentice will be involved in the preparation and serving of food for all of these areas and every minute you spend in the kitchen will be worthwhile. Drakes expect you to work evening and weekends, you will have to sacrifice such luxuries to become a top chef! Your hard work and dedication will pay off in the future with potential full time positions.
The Apprentice will be working up to 40 hours per week working across the different sections of the kitchen alongside full time members of staff, using only the finest and freshest ingredients.
The Apprentice will have the following duties;
(all under supervision)
- Completing mise en place for the evening service
- Adhering to food hygiene & heath/safety procedures
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation
- To maintain exemplary cleanliness and hygiene standards in all food areas relevant to the kitchen department, whilst working in a safe manor
- To maintain your personal equipment used to fulfil your job i.e. knives, shoes to an acceptable standard
- On a daily basis check with the senior chef on duty as to the work that needs to be carried out that day
- To carry out mise en place as required under supervision, to the standards laid by the senior chef
- To support colleagues at all times to ensure team-work is maintained
- To communicate effectively within the kitchen and assist in the smooth running of the kitchen service
- Report any illness, open sores, diarrhoea, vomiting, and nausea to the chef in charge or duty manager
- To be aware of hotel and departmental objectives and assist in achieving them
- To comply with and act in accordance with all company fire regulations and to adhere to the company’s fire policy
- Comply with all of drakes of Brighton Ltd policies and legal requirements with special reference to Health & Safety
- To attend all statutory training when requested
- To behave in a friendly and hospitable manner to all guests, customers and staff
From time to time, you may be asked to carry out additional tasks as required by the Management of hotel.