IT Programme Manager
IT Programme Manager - Joining an ever-expanding international organisation, we are looking for an IT Programme Manager to join the team. You will initially be involved in a large-scale (25,000+ Users) Microsoft Server upgrade programme so previous similar experience would be highly beneficial.
- Programme Delivery - Ensure programme objectives and scope are agreed and maintained, ensuring continual alignment with business strategy
- Ensure that realistic estimates of costs, timescales and resource requirements within the programme are agreed and carry out the active monitoring of projects against these criteria, taking corrective action as necessary
- Set and manage the programme budget, with careful management of risk and contingency to minimise impact on forecasts
- Stakeholder Management & Communication - Ensure all appropriate communication activities are planned and executed during each programme and constituent project
- Delivery Process and Assurance - For projects in the programme, ensure that the agreed IT Project Management Process is followed throughout the project lifecycle, and that standard portfolio reporting structures are supported
- Experience of both Infrastructure and Applications project delivery, with expertise in at least one
- Expert in principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects and programmes from initiation through to implementation. Example: MSP, PRINCE2, PMI, SCRUM, Kanban
- Expert in methods and techniques associated with planning and monitoring progress of projects. Examples: product/work breakdown structures, baselining, critical path analysis, earned value, resource analysis, conflict resolution
- Highly experienced in the methods and techniques for managing a programme of projects. Examples: prioritisation, inter-project dependency management, cross-project risk and issues identification and mitigation
- Programme management qualification such as MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) desirable
- Project Management qualified such as IS Project Management (Higher Level), MAPM - Member of the Association for Project Management, PMP ® - Project Management Professional, Practitioner Certificate in PRINCE2 ®, Chartered IT Professional (CITP), SCRUM Master, PMI ACP, APMG AgilePM
- Extensive Programme Management experience within a technology environment
The successful candidate will be required to obtain MOD SC Security clearance
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Life Assurance
- Share Scheme
- Flexible Benefits: Childcare vouchers, Health Care Cash Plan, Bike Scheme etc.
- Free Parking
- Free and regular shuttle bus connecting to local bus and train stations and the city centre.
- Excellent location with shops, coffee shops, restaurants, a florist, hairdressers, beauty salon and nursery.