Hospitality Apprenticeship (Level 2 ) - Catering Chef
Stanmer Team Rooms are looking for an apprentice Chef/Advanced Catering Professional Chef to provide support to the head chef and catering team in a busy kitchen environment in a beautiful country park with fantastic transport links by car, bus, rail from Brighton and surrounding areas.
Responsibilities will include;
- Preparing and cooking/baking different food/cakes for the varied cafe menu
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic working environment
- Stock ordering
- Stock rotation and preparing food for chilling/freezing
- Labelling as appropriate and the completion of kitchen documentation
- Ensuring up to date health and safety compliance
The successful applicant will be responsible for kitchen set up and close down as well as learning to organise the pot wash and how to maintain and operate the dishwasher machinery.The applicant will be able to work as part of a team efficiently and communicate well with the front of house team as well to help a smooth running of service.
The training will be work based, alongside the head chef and kitchen team and will include but will not be limited to:
- Preparation and cooking of all meals on the menu and baking of the front of house cakes
- The successful applicant will work on food hygiene, food and kitchen safety, nutrition, dietary requirements and allergies and how to put together a menu accordingly
- Health and safety compliance will be a key theme of the training including preparation and completion of all documentation
- There will be opportunity to learn with a highly skilled chef who has worked internationally