Senior Server Engineer
Senior Server Engineer
My Client is looking for a highly experienced Server Engineer to join the team based in Malvern. The general role will be to Defining, Designing and Delivering on Military IT systems.
This includes providing end-to-end analysis and solutions for a wide variety of CIS, Communications and Network requirements working mainly in the defence environment.
Skills and knowledge:
- Requirements capture for IT systems
- System design experience of IT systems
- Configuration of servers and other IT equipment
- Trouble shooting of IT systems
- Providing IT support to customers and users
- Experience of IT integration
- Systems engineering in an IT environment
- Knowledge and detailed experience in deploying and supporting Enterprise Infrastructure Services including directory, messaging, back-up and storage
- Knowledge and experience of lock downs based on Microsoft Group Policy Objects and Group Policy Preference Extensions
- Demonstrable experience of designing and building VMWare ESXi (ideally VCP6.0 or later) and Microsoft Server 2012 (MCSE ideally).
- Experience of systems integration, with appreciation of networking requirements for a server infrastructure.
- Experience in leading and/or mentoring junior team members.
- Knowledge of JSP 604 and 440 and associated JSPs would be desirable.
For Principal Server Engineer candidates, in addition to the above, we would be looking for;
- The applicant will be able to technically lead and provide technical guidance to projects across the business.
- The applicant will work alongside a Project manager and other technical disciplines the applicant will ensure that projects are delivered to time, quality and budget.
- The applicant will have a strong track record of technical delivery within the IT domain and this experience will be backed up by industry recognised certification.
- The applicant will be at ease talking to customers and will work alongside the business development community to provide technical consultancy into new proposals.
- Solutions must be delivered fully documented so a high standard of written work is expected.
- The candidate must be organised and have exceptional time and personal management.
Due to the nature of the role, candidates are required to hold an active SC clearance or be willing/eligible to undergo the process.