Senior PHP Web Developer
- Full Time
UKUOFFER is one of the leading providers of educational consultancy services in the UK. Located in the city centre of Birmingham, we specialise in providing education planning as well as university and college application services for international students within the UK and overseas.
The company’s growth means we are looking to recruit Senior Web Developer to support the company’s projects. We are looking for an individual who will contribute to the delivery of digital projects and to maintain high standards for our online presence, supporting the Chief Technology Officer in taking UKUOFFER’s digital products to the next technical level.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret written business requirements and technical specification documents
- Perform coding to written technical specifications
- Perform code maintenance and testing
- Building and maintenance of core PHP based applications
- Fix application issues and code irregularities.
- Responsible for integrating MySQL database with the PHP applications.
- Participate in the analysis and design of the system requirement, and response for PHP core coding and interface specification
- Analyse the deficiencies of the existing system, find out restrictions, improve system algorithm, improve system performance, maintain system stability under high development conditions
- Focus on product experiences and user data, able to drive business development through technology
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling user-facing products
- Work adaptively and responsively between desktop and mobile experiences. Evolve the user experience in the form of smart implementations for user interactions.
- Monitor development activities and reporting project progress
- Manage, mentor and provide technical guidance/support to project team members
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- BSc in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Solid experience in server operation development, skilled in LAMP development, with good coding style
- Minimum 5 years of PHP development experience. Solid knowledge of PHP implementation and working principles. Laravel development experience is preferred
- Familiar with MySQL, capable of building advanced SQL queries, master MySQL zoning, sub-tables, clusters and other related functions, with MySQL optimization experience
- Understand popular NoSQL solutions such as Memcache, Redis, MongoDB. Understand their advantages and disadvantage and usage scenarios
- Highly capable with advanced front-end development, complex CSS patterns. Familiar with JQuery, Bootstrap and Semantic UI frameworks
- Familiar with a variety of cache design in web development, website optimization project; with large flow website construction or database construction experience is preferred
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude with the proven ability to work within a structured system
- Good at abstract thinking, with persistent pursuit of technology.
- Excellent initiative and team spirit, strong communication and coordination skills
- Passion for innovative development trends and technologies