Salisbury (Boscombe Down)
37 hours per week - Candidates must be available to work between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday inclusive
Competitive salary + Benefits with fantastic development/training opportunities
Need to be Eligible for Security Clearances - this is an essential criteria for the post
The Desktop engineer role is to support my client. You will provide day to day support carrying out installations, moves, adds and changes and upgrades to PC, network and telephony equipment, infrastructure and peripherals, Travelling may be required to other sites from time to time providing support for the wider support teams and projects.
What will you be doing….
· Administration of the helpdesk call system (Resolve or other similar system)
· Administration of DAMS System (desktop asset management system)
· Fault diagnosis/fix of corporate and standalone PC systems and peripherals
· Fault diagnosis/fix of the corporate data & voice networks and cabling infrastructure.
· Remote field support for networks and Central Teams
· Assisting where required the infrastructure team in voice and data installations
· Effective working relationships with operational teams and internal customers
· Ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and work instructions
· To undertake other duties as directed by the IT Team Leader
You need to have worked on and be able to show….
- Microsoft Office applications
- PC, laptop and printer hardware repair
· Service Management Ticketing
· Proven experience of working within a1st or 2nd line support role
· Experience of fault diagnosis
· Previous experience of providing mobile support and remote field support
· Full, clean driving licence
· Resident in the UK for the last 5 years in order to obtain the required level of security clearance
What do we need you to be comfortable doing:
· Be able to work under pressure.
· Have concern for excellence and service improvement.
· Commitment to set, achieve and maintain a high quality service.
· Problem ownership
· To be relied upon to take a task through from conception to completion.
· Shows the commitment and ability to identify and understand the current and future needs of the customer, and be willing to go that 'extra step' to ensure the individual customer's needs are met.
· Must have the ability to work and communicate well as part of a team and to be able to work on own initiative.
· Adapts to changing demands and conditions.
· Willing to keep up-to-date and build upon skill and knowledge base.
· Takes responsibility for own development and actively pursues learning and development opportunities.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Customer focus and vision
· Drive and determination
· Planning and organising
· Coaching of other team members
· Good problem and analytical skills
· Flexible approach to working
My client comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets. They draw on our extensive technical knowledge and intellectual property to provide the know-how and support to solve some of the world's most challenging problems. Their employees make the critical difference to their customers by providing unique approaches to problem solving. Why don't you join some of the world's finest scientific and technical minds and help them make tomorrow work today?
If this role sounds like the one for you please hit apply!
If you want to know more reach out on 0161 924 1383 - looking forward to speaking with you!