SharePoint Developer, Government Client (Outside IR35), 4 Months, Central London, Outside IR35
Our Government Client are seeking a SharePoint Developer, with Office 365 experience, to work with the in-house IT team and provide support and development for our existing Intranet and emerging SharePoint environments. You will work alongside the IT Managers, IT Administrators, our Communications, Digital, and People & Development Teams to fully support the departments' objectives.
You will maintain existing SharePoint solutions and implement strong supporting governance and ownership and work directly with our People & Development team (PDT), Digital, and Communications team to evaluate existing systems, solutions and processes. The role will also involve you working with our PDT to provide ideas for improvement and development for our induction/on-boarding process and the communications team to further enhance the current SharePoint Intranet.
The successful candidate will conduct research and understand emerging practices (as you will be working on new Microsoft APIs and Microsoft platforms) and work on the implementation and customisation of SharePoint-based solutions for Collaboration portals, Enterprise Content Management, Workflows and Enterprise Search. Plan content types and deploy custom lists and libraries and you will develop, deploy and maintain client-side rendering scripts and SPFx components.
- 2+ years of hands-on SharePoint development experience, creating SharePoint features and solutions.
- Experience with design, development and deployment of enterprise level SharePoint portals using scripting tools.
- Proficiency in defining and maintaining Taxonomy Term Store(s)
- Understanding of best practice information architecture, managed metadata, content types, enterprise search, custom refiners, and search-driven applications.
- Demonstrable experience with SharePoint 2013 / 2016 and Online projects
- Ability to understand business challenges and implement solutions using as much out of the box SharePoint components as possible.
- Knowledge of Office 365 Apps including Power BI
- Use of Microsoft Flow, Forms and PowerApps
- Familiarity with Microsoft Teams and modern SharePoint sites / pages
- PowerShell scripting
- Design / Layout (Master Pages)
- React and Office UI Fabric beneficial
- SPFx an advantage
- SharePoint Admin Centre experience
- Experience with Azure (VMs, App Services, Hybrid Connections) and Office 365 development is a plus