Marchwood Power Limited
A 900MW Combined Cycle Power Station, near Southampton in Hampshire.
Job Title: Shift Engineer
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, with a background in power plant operation, to contribute to the success of the Power Station. Reporting to the Operations & Maintenance Manager, the Shift Engineer is responsible for the safe, environmentally compliant, and reliable operation of the power station. The Shift Engineer is also responsible for leading a team, incident management, activity coordination, and the development of training and competence across a multi discipline shift team.
* Actively promote a positive safety culture within the team and influence the positive safety behaviours. Leading by example the Shift Engineer ensures compliance with safety, environmental legislation, and company procedures.
* Manage the power plant's operational activities within clear guidelines and a 24/7 shift pattern.
* Evaluate and optimise decisions relating to plant availability, thermal performance, environmental compliance and asset integrity.
* Ensure plant routine duties and effective fault diagnosis are carried out.
* Address process safety risks to maintain safe operation and compliance.
* Perform the duties of a Senior Authorised Person (SAP).
* Manage a safe system of work during plant outages and for routine and reactive maintenance.
* Liaise with commercial stakeholders e.g. energy customers and National Grid.
* Assist in the broader management of the power station, helping set policies, procedures, ensuring compliance, and driving departmental/team performance.
* Lead cross functional teams to pursue continuous improvement initiatives.
* Act as Incident Controller in the event of an emergency and liaise with the duty manager.
* Ensure tasks are carried out in a consistent and correct manner in order to comply with codes of practice and operational guidelines.
* Contribute to resolving technical/station issues in a range of forums.
* Delivery of longer term operational strategic objectives.
* Develop and lead the shift team to ensure they remain high performing both today, and in the future.
* An applicant's skills must include:
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Excellent leadership skills and be able to lead, develop and inspire a team.
* An ability to work within small teams.
* The ability to deal with multiple complex issues in a challenging environment.
* A good understanding of software tools used to facilitate workflow and investigate plant issues.
* Competence in the use of IT equipment.
* Good communication skills, the ability to work constructively and positively with other station teams.
* A minimum of a Higher National Certificate (HNC) in Engineering or equivalent technical subject.
* The following would be advantageous to the post:
* Experience of Siemens Gas and Steam powered turbines.
* Experience of Siemens T3000-SPPA and S7 PLC control equipment.
* Knowledge of relevant legislative and licensing matters associated with power station operation, including environmental permit conditions and The Grid Code.
* Ideally hold a formal leadership/management qualification.
* Ideally hold a formal safety management qualifications qualification.
Interested? Click apply now.
The closing date for applications is 14th December 2018