Nursery Apprentice - Near Horsham - £149.72 per week
An exciting opportunity to become a Nursery Apprentice.
You will report to the Practise Leaders, Operations Manager and Directors.
Duties will include:
- Adhere to the Policies & Procedures of Little Barn Owls Nursery and Farm School and comply with the Children Act, Health and Safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the National Standards
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Work as part of a team with a positive attitude
- Care and supervise the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Assist in the planning and preparation of activities to meet children's individual needs
- Offer all children equal opportunities regardless of their religion, racial origin, gender, disabilities, cultural or linguistic background.
- Challenge situations where racism or discrimination are displayed
- Assist Nursery Educators to keep development records, including Learning Journals, observations, photographs, digital records where appropriate and all other types of documentation of childrens' learning.
- Engage in reflective practise by sharing interests and planning experiences with children and colleagues.
- Positively manage children's behaviour
- Prepare, care, clean, and maintain the nursery rooms, decking areas, garden and equipment
- Keep and monitor accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervise mealtimes and, where appropriate, prepare babies' bottles
- Carry our kitchen duties including preparation of snacks, meals, drinks, washing up and maintaining the cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Adhere to National Food Safety Standards for food storage, preparation and hygiene practises
- Attend staff meetings as arranged by the Operations Manager including monthly planning/training meeting.
- Commit to your continued professional development by researching areas of practise
- Participate in regular parents evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Assist with Farm School, Forest School and any trips and outings as instructed
- Perform any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the Practise Leaders, Operations Manager, Deputy Manager and Directors.
Free lunch, homemade by our cook
Caring, supportive environment and culture
Regular time out of ratio to document and assess children's learning
Generous holiday entitlement
Time out for studying
Sick pay and good attendance rewarded with extra holiday
Long service rewards
Unrivalled professional development - regular courses, seminars and visits to other nurseries
Working alongside professional Artists and expert consultants
Team building fun days, meals out, and social events
The chance to attend the week long International Study Tour in REGGIO EMILIA in ITALY (all expenses paid)
Career progression for the ambitious and hardworking
Opportunities to be involved in our Training School for external professionals
Training to be Provided:
•City & Guilds QCF Diploma for the Children & Young People s Workforce Level 2
Welcoming to visitors and good communication skills.
Grade C or 4 or above in English and Maths GCSEs.
Friendly, polite, reliable, punctual, with a ‘can do’ attitude, truly passionate about children, eager to learn and prepared to work hard.
A full time position or progression onto a higher level, if available and qualification successfully achieved.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
The apprentice needs to have reliable transport that would enable them to get to work for a 7.30 am start and leave work after 6.00 pm.
Employment will be subject to DBS.