English, Maths and ICT Functional Skills Tutor (Self-Employed basis)
Location: South East area, (Worthing, Brighton, Hastings, Crawley)
Salary: £15 – £22 per hour
Hours: Various, will include some evening and weekend work.
Functional Skills UK (T/A Swim UK) are seeking a Functional Skills tutor to join our innovative team. You will be using NCFE, Edexcel and City Guilds as awarding bodies and testing through both online secure client and paper tests. Tutors will be required to work with groups as well as 1:1 and offer additional learning support if required.
Key duties include:
- Course planning and development/session preparation
- Assessing learner needs and levels
- Individualised target setting and planning
- Tracking and recording learner progress
- Provision of feedback and guidance to learners
- Exam preparation
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or PGCE
- TEFL Qualification
- City & Guilds Certificate in Further Education Teaching (7407)
- City & Guilds Teaching in the Lifelong Learning Sector (DTLLS) (7305)
- City & Guilds Further and Adult Education Teacher’s Certificate (7307)
- City & Guilds Initial Certificate in Teaching Basic Skills (9281)
- Functional Skills English/ Maths at Level 2
- A1 Assessor or TAQA Qualification.
- Experience of teaching of up to 2 years
- Full UK Driving Licence