Eligibility for Security Clearance is Essential
Competitive salary and benefits package
- Technical management of all infrastructure including firewall, switches and routers.
- Plan and undertake planned maintenance activities (e.g. FW/Code Upgrades) on the Network Devices and ad-hoc tasks as defined by the IT Operations Manager.
- Operational support of all Network Devices and Infrastructure within the CDP Estate and for corporate IS systems as required.
- Ensure relevant Network Infrastructure documentation is full and complete and communicate any shortfalls to colleagues and Line Management. Pro-actively identify candidates for 'Pre-Approved' Changes.
- Maintain a Configuration Record of all Network devices deployed recording Device name, Service/Customer, Location, SW Version and Patching Status as a minimum set of information.
- Provide out-of-hours support for CDP Services via the on-call rota. Attend site out of hours as required and ensure any retrospective actions relating to emergency solutions are completed without delay.
- Proven and in-depth experience and knowledge with at least 5 years' experience in the Network discipline.
- Experience in delivering Network Security technology support or project delivery, with experience in Firewalls and ideally threat and vulnerability assessment.
- Campus and Data Centre focused Cisco devices, namely Catalyst & Nexus 5xxx switches.
- Edge and Branch Cisco devices, namely Cisco ISR (IOS) & ASR routers (XE) - knowledge of OSPF, HSRP, CoPP, VRF, VLANs, ACLs, STP, VTP.
- Firewalls namely Cisco ASA 55xx-X and Juniper ScreenOS (NSRP/Failover, VPN, NAT)
- BGP routing protocol.
- Palo Alto Firewall (PanOS).
- Monitoring tools, e.g. Nagios, Solarwinds.
- Reasonable Knowledge of Virtualisation platforms (e.g. VMware), Linux, Windows.
Experience and Qualifications
- CCNA or equivalent experience
- Security Clearance at a minimum of SC.
- ITIL v3.0 Framework Certificate or equivalent experience of an ITIL Service Management Implementation.
- Knowledge of ISO 27001.
Candidates should have some of the following certifications and/or experience of:
- CCIE: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert
- CCNP: Cisco Network professional
- JNCIE-ENT: Juniper Networks Certified Enterprise Routing and Switching
- CompTIA Network+
- WCNA: Wireshark Certified Network Analyst
- Palo Alto
- Wireless networks
- Variety of network types (WAN, LAN, GAN, VoIP, SAN)
- F5 Balance experience (important)
- Familiarity with Network security (NAT, UTM, Firewall operations)
- NSX VM Ware
- F5 Big IP