An amazing opportunity has arisen for high calibre SIA Licenced Security Officers / Security Guard to join a world leading exhibitions and international convention centre based between Canary Wharf and London City Airport. Matching the nature of the venue, you can expect the role to be varied and busy with no day being the same. With training on offer expect to play a key role ensuring the safety of all staff, visitors, contractors whilst also protecting company assets.
Hosting over 300 events a year and welcoming over 4 million visitors, from every corner of the globe, this leading venue boasts fully flexible event halls, conference & exhibition space, a multitude of meeting rooms and the UK's largest flexible auditorium. Due to ongoing success we are now seeking Security Officers to join a fantastic team.
The Security Officer will join the team tasked with managing security operations. Whether you are efficiently conducting patrols to a high standard; monitoring security information and acting accordingly; updating the security management team on all incidents and issues; taking part in risk assessments; issuing parking notices to vehicles; producing reports on any lighting which isn't working or identifying any training needs, it will be your superb team working skills that ensure a safe and secure environment for all.
To qualify... You should be a Security Officer / Security Guard / SIA Officer / SIA Security Officer / SIA Door Supervisor or similar who can show:
- Experience working in a Security team / high security environment;
- Hold a valid SIA Door Supervisor Licence;
- Physically fit due to the size of site (Fitness test will be required at interview stage)
- The ability to demonstrate gravitas / presence within a security role and ability to work within a team;
- An awareness of emergency response procedures in a public facing environment and a general security / safety awareness;
- The ability to handle / diffuse difficult conversations and situations;
- A high level of spoken and written English in order to ensure accurate communication, report writing and record keeping.
- The ability to convey a smart, well-groomed appearance in approved uniform, provide first-class customer service and display high levels of vigilance whilst at work.
Ideally you will be first aid trained and hold a full UK driving licence.
In return the Security Officer / Security Guard can expect a fantastic working environment with a superb benefits package that includes, a discretionary bonus, contributory personal pension (maximum of 15%), 24 days annual leave, free onsite gym, season ticket loan scheme, cycle to work scheme, life assurance (4x salary), income protection, childcare vouchers, free onsite parking plus much more.