OTA - Operations Manager
Alternative Airlines is a young and innovative company growing quickly in the fast-moving travel sector. We are hard-working, driven and committed to delivering excellent customer service. At Alternative Airlines, our staff are important, and we are committed to their on-going personal development.
With a global customer base and offices near Gatwick Airport, Alternative Airlines is an on-line travel agency (OTA) which offers a wider choice of flights for its customers. By working with more airlines worldwide, including smaller regional airlines and low-cost carriers, we offer a greater choice of flight options at lower prices. We specialise in flight-only sales and offer over 600 airlines on our easy-to-use site.
Due to sustained growth, we are now expanding our team and looking for a brilliant Flight Sales Operations and Technical Manager to join our dynamic management team.
In this role, you are responsible for leading the team delivering operational excellence; delivering consistent and professional customer service to everyone of customers and initiating constant change to ensure we continue to operate at the highest professional standards.
The position requires strategic and professional leadership of all operational aspects of Alternative Airlines and a commitment to the personal development of the growing customer services team.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and being an integral member of the decision-making management team, you will be responsible for:
- Heading up and strongly developing the Alternative Airlines Customer Service Department, with an emphasis on the delivery of improved customer satisfaction, productivity and process quality.
- Driving operations performance improvement initiatives through the use of technology, adoption of new products and improved in-house processes. Generating and sharing comprehensive, detailed reports about customer service standards, objectives and deadlines. Actively representing the Customer Service team at the Monthly AA management team meetings.
- Managing the busy AA Ticketing department including integrating IATA and Low-cost carrier ticketing procedures. Monitoring team performance trends and initiating continuous improvement actions.
- Working with our exceptional in-house development team to consistently improve customer experience and being the important interface between customer service and developers to support implementation activities, with tight deadlines, leading to "Go Live" for new features and products.
- Assessment and designing trials of new Amadeus products, including managing their impact on enhanced customer service and improved efficiency of the customer services team.
- Working with the Managing Director to assess and then implement a structure for a24 / 7 Customer Service Team in order to provide the best service for our global customer base.
- A passion for customer service excellence, a love of airlines or travel, a desire to work within the on-line sector and a strong interest in the changing role of technology in the global travel industry
- Proven experience of hands-on team management in the area of customer service, including a demonstrable desire to develop and inspire your team
- In-depth knowledge of Amadeus GDS with ticketing skills, preferably with BSP link/IATA web portal experience
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
- Highly organised, proactive, able to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- A personable character and proven experience of establishing and developing meaningful and supportive relationships with customers and team members
- Commitment and strong sense of accountability and responsibility
Employee Benefits include:
- Highly competitive salary
- Access to discounted air travel
- Opportunity to attend airline hosted events
- Flexible working
- Opportunity to directly and personally influence the next stage of growth of a young, innovative and fast-growing OTA
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"