Principal Civil Design Engineer (Rail)
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Lead a design team to ensure:
Delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the client’s specifications
Project requirements and are fully met
Advice and guidance is provided for staff, and professional development is actively pursued
Good relationships are maintained with all external parties to enhance the reputation of the company
What will this role involve?
Amey are working on various projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, Crossrail, the national level crossing framework and multiple immunisation projects. We are predominantly involved in Network Rail GRIP stages 5 to 8 design and build projects however we also have a number of early GRIP schemes. Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit a Principal Civil Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake and overseee production of Civil design as part of a dedicated Civil design engineering team. In addition, they will help the Civil design team with the preparation and amendment of Civil design deliverables.
What are we looking for?
- Achieved CEng / IEng status (or equivalent), plus 5 years post qualification experience in a relevant engineering area
- Good communications and team working skills
- Act as SCE / DE for UK Spec IEng/Ceng
- Manage the Civil and Structural elements of a complete project
- Undertake high complexity design cost estimates and assist with bid development work
- Brief Civil and structural design teams on contractual requirements and standards/workscopes
- Ability to check design work for Civil and Structural Design elements of projects and act as an approver
- Undertake the role of CEM in accordance with Network Rail’s processes