Senior CAD Technician
What is the purpose of this role?
To help produce the schematic/concept designs for one or more of the following
- highways design projects using AutoCAD and/or Civils 3D/ Bentley MX/
- Structural design/refurbishment projects using AutoCAD and/ or Revit
- Drainage design using AutoCAD and/or Micro Drainage
You will also be producing and reviewing detailed design drawings and visiting sites to carry out inspections and/or basic surveying.
What will this role involve?
- The analysis and design of highways and drainage or structural design, progressing to detailed design and approval.
- Involvement in internal project design meetings and preparing correspondence reports.
- Assisting in the production of AutoCAD. MX and/or Civils 3D drawing information and undertaking quality reviews of drawn information prior to issue.
- Oversee the delivery of projects, supporting senior civil engineering staff with design.
- Support junior engineers and CAD Technicians.
What are we looking for?
- Applicants will be qualified to HNC / HND/Foundation Degree level in a relevant discipline
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
- Experience using Civil 3D or Bentley MX or Open Roads or Micro Drainage
- Competent in the use of MS Office
- Ability to lead junior technicians
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally
What makes this role unique?
An opportunity to be part of our 120 strong Belfast Design Hub, situated just off the Malone Road near Queens Elms Halls of Residence, delivering a range of local, national and international projects ranging from <£1M up to >£300M. Our multidisciplinary team encapsulates Highway Engineering, Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, River & Coastal Engineering, Environmental Consultancy and Traffic Engineering/ Transport Planning, as well as being the BIM Centre of Excellence for Amey. This unique ecosystem offers our clients a one-stop shop, and offers our staff the opportunity to grow and develop in a knowledge-rich environment, with specialists who are eager to assist and mentor their development.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.