OLE CAD Technician
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To assist the Engineering Team with the development and production of technically sound design solutions, including all associated drawing and model production, reporting and administration through a Common Data Environment (CDE). Manage project information, including BIM models and be responsible for CAD QA Checks within the CDE.
What will this role involve?
- Producing and assisting with drawing and model production.
- Assisting with the implementation of effective, value for money and innovative design solutions.
- Maintaining high technical standards, consistent with the project brief under direction from the Engineering team and the Amey CAD manual.
- Assisting with compliance to the relevant Health and Safety legislation, particularly the CDM Regulations.
- Maintain focus on timely delivery to be able to plan and estimate drawing production and be able to deliver against these plans.
- Assisting in project administration and correspondence within ProjectWise.
- Produce 2D and 3D models using Bentley Microstation to the project CAD/BIM standards.
- Develop the team’s capability to use other Bentley products, including AECOsim and Navigator, to achieve BIM level 2 compliance.
- Develop and maintain the disciplines CAD library and resource files.
- Manage discipline design models, project information and the project BIM model.
- Attend IDC’s and produce clash detection models.
- Assist the Technical Director in managing software licencing and Bentley account.
What are we looking for?
- Microstation and ProjectWise experience essential.
- Understanding of BS1192 and PAS1192 desirable.
- Knowledge of Network Rail or Crossrail CAD Standards desirable.
- Knowledge of Network Rail standard details and processes.
- Excellent communication skills dealing with Engineers, Technicians, and the wider project team.
- Assisting in the development and sharing of best practice.
- Knowledge of innovative designs and value engineering.
- Experience of working within the rail industry advantageous.
- Awareness of working in other rail disciplines (eg: Track) desirable.
- Understanding of Building Information Modelling (BIM) desirable.
- Awareness of 4D and other CAD design products advantageous
- Willing to commute between offices and on occasions stay overnight, all expenses paid.
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure that good relationships with all external parties are maintained to enhance the reputation of the company and the delivery of projects to the customer.