Waking Night Carer 22:00 to 07:00
Job role information:
The role that you have been appointed is the role of care worker. Care Workers employed by Olive Home Care and Support Limited are extremely responsible people and have a duty of care to protect the vulnerable people that we provide services too and provide them with dignity and respect in all things that we do for them and to provide them with equality.
Care Workers are not permitted to judgemental when entering the home environment of the people we care for and must always respect the lifestyle choices and preferences of those that we are privileged to be a part of their lives. At all times when in a person’s home you are guest in that person’s home and we pride ourselves on the etiquette and respect that we afford our customers.
Job Title: Care Worker
Location: Olive Home Care and Support Limited
Responsible to: Registered Manager
Purpose of the position:
To share with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of Service Users in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence. Care provided by care assistants is expected to include care that would reasonably be given by members of the customers own family and is not expected to include tasks that would normally be expected to be undertaken by a trained nurse unless you have been specifically trained to do so and the task has been appropriately delegated by a professionally trained and qualified person and has been permitted by Olive Home Care and Support Limited.
1. To assist customers who need help with getting up in the morning, dressing, undressing, washing, bathing, showering and using the toilet as described in the care plan
2. To support customers with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence and help with the use and care of aids and personal equipment in line with how you have been shown how to use the equipment or as described in the care plan.
3. To care for customers who are temporarily sick and needing, for example, minor dressings, bed nursing, help with feeding as described in the care plan or as trained to do so.
4. To help care for customers who may be at the end of their lives and to provide support to their family members.
5. To help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of customers through talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as reading, writing, hobbies and recreations.
6. To support customers who have dementia care needs.
7. To make and change beds; tidy rooms; do light cleaning and empty commodes to maintain the customers home environment.
8. To inspect, launder and mend Service Users’ clothing where this is permitted, and you are able to do so.
9. To set tables and trays; serve meals; feed customers who need help; prepare light meals and wash up; tidy and clear the dining room area.
10. To read and write reports and take part in staff and customer meetings and in training activities as directed.
11. To perform such other duties as may reasonably be required as a “reasonable management request” that the Registered Manager considers to be within the post holders’ competence.
12. To comply with Olive Home Care and Support Limited’s guidelines and policies at all times, these are freely accessible via the office following a request for access.
13. To report to the Branch Manager any significant changes in the health or circumstances of a customer, their home or family circumstances.
14. To encourage customers to remain as independent as possible and to do things with them and not for them unless they are unable to do so.
15. To accurately record visits on the record sheet with facts and observation using legible handwriting
16. To keep confidential at all times information relating to the customer and only to share information with the office
This is not an exhaustive list and is an outline of the key points of the role of Care Worker
The following personal attributes are considered essential to the post of care worker:
(e) sensitive to the needs of others and to the sick or infirm
(f) an active team player but also able to work on own initiative
(g) A good communicator.