Registered Nurse opportunities at BMI Park Hospital
Registered Nurse – Wards
BMI The Park Hospital, Sherwood Lodge Drive, Arnold
BMI The Park Hospital is set in the beautiful grounds of Burntstump Country Park. The hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
BMI The Park Hospital recently underwent a major refurbishment programme and has:
- 56 in-patient bedrooms offering the privacy and comfort of en-suite facilities,
- Dedicated ambulatory care unit
- Oncology department
- Five theatres
- An intensive care unit
- Cardiac catheterisation laboratory
We are proud of our patient care and work hard to make each patients time with us as pleasant as possible. Our patient satisfaction survey is an important indicator of how well we achieve this.
BMI The Park Hospital is continuing to change and we are looking for talented Registered Nurses to join our growing team of staff on the surgical wards as a result. We are looking for Nurses who will rise to the challenge of working in a turnaround site; who are innovative, adaptable, hard-working and caring; and who ultimately put patients at the heart of everything they do.
You will join a friendly, supportive team, working a flexible shift pattern covering 7 days. This will include early, late, twilight and night shifts with overtime and enhanced rates of pay available on a pro-rata basis. We are also happy to consider full-time application for part-time vacancies and will accommodate onto our teams wherever possible.
Duties of this role will include but not be limited to:
- Ensuring that standards of patient care on the Wards are consistently maintained at all times in accordance with agreed operational policies and procedures
- As a skilled member of the nursing team will promote and safeguard the well-being and interests of all patients, employees and visitors to the hospital
- Being an advocate for patient care, searching for ways to improve the value and effectiveness of care and services delivered to patients on the Wards
- Conducting yourself professionally within the standard and framework provided by the NMC Codes of professional Conduct and the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) at all times
- Leading a team of nurses when required to support the Ward Manager and Sister
Qualifications and Personal Attributes Required:
- Registered Nurse Level 1 / Diploma / BSc in Nursing.
- Previous experience working within an acute hospital setting – preferably on surgical wards
- Evidence of relevant clinical professional development preferably evidenced by certification RN with valid NMC Registration
- Excellent clinical applied knowledge which is evidenced based and takes account of national best practice standards
- Mentorship Qualification (ENB 998 or equivalent)
- Up-to-date knowledge and experience working on busy surgical wards with varied caseloads and patients
- Awareness of NMC Code of Accountability
- Good team worker who is both punctual and reliable
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to act on your own initiative to problem solve effectively making judgements in complex situations ensuring maximal patient outcomes at all times.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare has committed to being a national living wage employer and offers a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum + bank holidays
- Ongoing training and development via the BMI Academy including support for your CPD
- Free parking
- Subsidised meals
- Overtime and enhanced pay rates
For more information or to arrange a site visit and see for yourself the changes that are happening at BMI The Park Hospital, please contact Adele Veldsman on 0115 966 2014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org