Ensure that existing and new hotel and supplier contracts are successfully negotiated and available for sale according to set deadlines, with the aim of creating a strong competitive advantage for the company in providing innovative and high-quality product at the best negotiated rates.
To guarantee the high A&K standard of excellence is understood and maintained with all suppliers and ensure that products and service are delivered to A&K clients t the highest standard.
Contracting & Negotiations:
- Results driven role, success measured by actual results achieved in agreement with the General Manager and Operations Manager
- Continually improve purchasing strategies
- Increase the purchasing power of A&K throughout Europe
- Leverage buying power at individual hotels belonging to chains or consortia through strategic negotiations with European or world-wide head-offices
- Negotiate the lowest rates available, and with the best possible terms
- Negotiate override commissions where suitable
- Ensure that supplier and hotel contracts are completed in the required format and to a high level of detail, accuracy and quality
- Meet internally agreed as well as externally imposed purchasing targets and deadlines.
- Constantly seek to widen profit margins through various methods such as secondary buying, added values etc.
- Ongoing analysis of current buying for the purpose of supplier comparisons, including website monitoring etc. to ensure that our product remains competitively priced
- In addition to negotiating FIT product rates, also provide negotiations support and/or secondary buying assistance for the groups department or special products as necessary
- Ensure that A&K staff travel requests are dealt with in an appropriate manner
- Secure hotel accommodation at an appropriate rate for TOC press trips and familiarisation trips
- Provide assistance to the Operations teams in resolving queries concerning contract rates and/or terms that may arise during the booking or operation of a tour
- Set up visits by hotel and supplier representatives to meet with Tour Consultants and the Contracting team
- Research, screen and select new suppliers when required in accordance with the General Manager and Operations Manager
Specific objectives and targets for commission levels, override commissions etc each year may differ but will be set in separate objectives
- Ensure that supplier and hotel contracts are loaded on Travel Studio to the required level of detail and accuracy, meeting volume targets and deadline.
- Ensuring that all pricing and descriptions are complete and correct following strict guidelines
- Ensure operations teams are informed of newly contracted suppliers and changes with existing suppliers
- Ensure company operating standards are advised to all new suppliers, with acknowledgement from the supplier, and that they sent out annually to all existing suppliers.
- In conjunction with the Purchasing team, work with all suppliers on legal Health & Safety issues to ensure the company is complying with its legal obligations
- Ensure suppliers provide photography and other information as required by Marketing team
- Provide marketing material and special offers for any A&K Magazines, Sundowners, marketing campaigns etc
- Provide offers for PR, journalist travel & prize requests
- To represent A&K at trade shows and functions as necessary.
- Provide assistance to Tour Consultants and the Accounts Department to resolve financial queries with suppliers as a result of contractual issues.
- Provide assistance to Tour Consultants in the calculations of hotel commissions as required.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Assistance in developing systems and procedures to improve the efficiency of the A&K Europe purchasing procedures.
- Maintain and cultivate excellent professional relationships with all suppliers and hoteliers.
- Conduct special projects as requested by Senior Management.
- Occasional travel in conjunction with negotiations
This Role Profile highlights the key responsibilities but is not intended to be exhaustive.
Please visit our website for more exciting positions that we are currently recruiting for https://www.abercrombiekent.co.uk/about-us/careers