To adjust claims within a designated individual authority limit and assist in the technical management and control of a claims portfolio to provide a prompt and efficient service to the market and to protect the Company's financial interests by ensuring the validity of claim payments and adequate reserving.
- Adjust, and authorise claim settlements and fees within a designated individual authority limit.
- Where applicable on Syndicate claims fulfil the requirements of Lloyd's Claims Scheme and Lloyd's Claims Management Principles.
- Liaise and negotiate with clients, brokers, loss adjusters and lawyers in the adjustment and settlement of claims, including UK and overseas travel, where necessary.
- Work closely with and audit external service providers.
- Process advices and settlements on CLASS.
- Assist with the preparation for and participate in the client auditing/visiting programme.
- Deal with telephone or correspondence queries for brokers and clients or make appropriate referrals.
- Organise the provision of administrative services, maintain records and provide management information.
- Operate and utilise the in-house IT system and that of external service providers for data input, reporting, data interrogation and report generation as required.
- Monitor aggregate excess programmes.
- Oversee and manage the provision of claims experience reports for brokers and clients
Skills & experience
- Degree or GCSE A levels
- ACII qualified or working towards
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Previous Professional Indemnity claims experience
- Exposure to other lines beneficial such as Financial Lines
- Good interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication, organisation, numerical and verbal reasoning, analytical
- Good IT skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office or similar packages, Database software.
- Proficient on CLASS/ECF and Subscribe