Senior Auditor – International & Western Europe
The Senior Auditor – International & Western Europe is primarily responsible for leading and/or participating in audit projects of Willis Towers Watson business units to evaluate the adequacy of the business unit’s overall control environment in both design and application. The Senior Auditor is also responsible for leading and/or assisting in Audit assignments, corporate investigations and ad-hoc special projects. While primarily based in London, the Senior Auditor will be required to complete audit projects performed in any Willis Towers Watson location which may involve up to 40% annual international travel.
The Internal Audit Department reports directly to Audit Committee of Willis Towers Watson Corporation’s Board of Directors. The global department is located in London, Paris and New York. The department’s primary mission is to evaluate the adequacy of Willis Towers Watson’s internal control environment and to assess compliance with corporate policy and designated laws and regulations.
- Complete the testing of assigned audit procedures for engagements in line with departmental KPIs
- Participate in the development of an audit approach and testing strategy for assigned procedures to be reviewed by Audit Manager and Senior Audit Manager
- Communicate audit findings to the team lead and as directed to Business unit management
- Complete work papers for work assigned and undertaken
- Contribute to and participate in a cross team working approach which may include travelling across the global network
- Prepare the initial draft of audit points and recommendations for the Audit Manager’s review
- Contribute to the follow up of management actions
- Participate and provide value added input in the annual risk assessment process and universe review
- Effectively participate in discussions with Internal Audit and stakeholders on process improvements; control deficiencies and other corrective actions to further improve the control environment
- Effectively contribute in meetings to enhance stakeholder relationships with key business management and the Internal Audit function.
- Conduct Risk: to put the interests of clients and the integrity of the market at the heart of the way you do business
The key skills required for this position are:
- A general knowledge of Willis Towers Watson operations (e.g. (re)insurance brokerage, investment, securities, actuarial and HR consulting, etc.) or comparable industry experience
- Relevant experience in a comparable role within internal audit ideally within insurance, reinsurance, consulting or a financial related industry, or internal audit services at a public accounting firm
- Relevant Degree level education (equivalent 2.1 level or equivalent)
- Relevant professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CPA, CFE, Certified Internal Auditor, or equivalent
- Experience in reviewing, auditing and making recommendations in financial, operational, regulatory and/or IT control areas
- A solid knowledge and understanding of Risk Based Internal Auditing standards and techniques, IT controls, financial crime key regulations and accounting methods, principles and practices. As well as, experience in reviewing, auditing and making recommendations in these control areas
- Proven ability to think critically, identify issues and outline solutions
- Effectively cope with change and able to shift gears comfortably
- Proactive team player with an international outlook
- Knowledge of TeamMate and/or ACL is highly desirable
- Language skills – Fluent in English and another language.
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.