Head of Office Donor Aid - Qualified Accountant Required
To provide a high quality service to clients, contribute to business development activities and be active in the internal development of the public sector department and their international offices.
My client is a Top 10 International Practice who have a strong market leading public sector and charities department.
This team carry's out audits and special assignments for internationally funded projects in Europe and worldwide, with a focus on Africa.
Assignments are principally audits or special assignments of projects funded by organisations such as the European Commission, World Bank, United Nations, governmental development bodies and NGOs.
You will take responsibility for overseeing the development of clients across a number of International Offices reporting to a Partner and be assisted by Office Support coordinators.
The Manager will also perform a limited fieldwork role on some assignments, travel should be expected at a level of approximately 20%.
Business Development will include; performing reviews of tenders prepared by your offices, reporting to Partner, oversee coordination of tenders with support from Office Support coordination, take the lead in drafting tenders reporting to a partner.
Client work will include; managing all aspects of a client contract involving concurrent individual audit assignments, manage and deliver new and / or complex assignments including designing appropriate responses to non-conventional terms of reference, writing tailored work programmes and designing bespoke reporting formats, lead and manage assignment fieldwork teams including locally based staff.
Marketing assignments will include: oversee preparation of Office newsletters, drafting own articles and generating ideas for others and liaising with the relevant people and coordination of receipt of articles from Heads of Offices. Prepare and present own presentations at conferences to keep participants up-to-date on latest industry related developments.
- Qualifications: (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- At least five years audit experience in practice, preferably including public sector experience
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Highly developed technical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent reporting writing skills
- A broad range of staff planning and supervision experience
- Team worker
- Adaptable and flexible in attitude
- Public sector knowledge and interest
- Candidate should ideally be bilingual (English / French)
- Passionate about international travel
- Willing to work in international locations
Unique and very interesting position
Be a part of developing a business which has growth 50% in the last few years
Perfect for a qualified accountant with a passion for International Aid and looking to use their skill set to make a difference
At the same time career progression and continued training and support