Technician - Cookery
- To comply with the College Health and Safety Policy whilst maintaining safe working practices within the working environment with particular awareness to practical areas.
- To ensure that cleanliness in all practical areas is maintained to a high standard, reporting any breakages, and stock shortages.
- To assist the lecturer before, during and after Restaurant service.
- To check and record refrigerator temperatures on a daily basis and to ensure that all opening and closing procedures are followed.
- To assist with regular stock-takes and to monitor all stock turnover whilst ensuring that the stock is used in correct rotation.
- To assist with the washing of small linen items.
- To liaise with the Lecturers regarding food requisitions.
- To report all maintenance, safety and hygiene of equipment requirements and action as requested.
- To carry out some ‘deep cleaning’ duties in the designated area, using appropriate chemicals where necessary.
- Deliver the efficient and effective running of the stock control systems for Hospitality Department
- Regularly update and ensure full implementation of the ordering, monitoring and reporting systems
- Report, record and secure all aspects of financial management of the stock within the Hospitality Department
- Source products and services to ensure value for money
- Co-ordinate the planning, organising and reporting with external regulatory bodies e.g. Environmental Health, Trading Standards, Health and Safety Executive.
- Ensure all practical areas are prepared for training and commercial services To undertake any other duties, commensurate with the grade of the post that, from time to time, may reasonably be required by the Principal or Directorate.