Software Developer (Cloud)
Software Developer - Cloud
Helvar is an innovative lighting solutions and components company. We develop intelligent, energy efficient products and solutions for global customers. Our products can be found in many commercial and public buildings around the world, as well as in cruise ships.
We are looking for a talented software developer to join our small feature team, based at our river-side office in the Kent countryside, on the outskirts of Dartford. You will be working in a relaxed, friendly environment alongside other motivated professionals and will report to the UK Software Team Leader.
Your main responsibility will be to develop software for our cloud and IoT based platform. We use this platform to collect data from our lighting systems, which are deployed inside buildings around the world. This data is analysed to provide insights such as occupancy rates, space utilization and energy consumption to building owners and tenants. We also use the collected information for various machine learning and AI based algorithms which can predict malfunctioning devices, future occupancy of office spaces and lots of other cool stuff.
You will be responsible for the designing, coding, testing and documenting the cloud software. We heavily use serverless architecture and managed services in our solutions and we would expect you to be somewhat familiar with the technology platform of at least one of the major cloud providers.
We expect that you will have:
- Professional experience with (any) cloud services, preferably AWS.
- Familiarity with REST APIs.
- Experience in agile methodologies for software development.
- Experience with high-level object-oriented programming languages.
You will ideally have experience in one or more of:
- Serverless architecture and microservices.
- SQL and NoSQL Databases: Cloud hosted, managed databases such as DynamoDB, DocumentDB from Microsoft, RDS, AWS Aurora etc.
- Network programming, wireless technologies & large-scale distributed systems.
- AWS managed services or similar such as Lambda, SNS, SES, S3, API Gateway, Cognito etc.
- An efficient coder with an understanding of algorithmic complexity, data structures and object-oriented programming along with modern design patterns.
- Passionate about delivering an outstanding experience.
- Eager to learn and try new things.
- Self-driven & easy going
The successful candidate must be able to clearly demonstrate their fit with the role and will be able to prove their competence and past experience by a combination of evidence and example.
A career at Helvar gives you an opportunity to be part of rapidly changing lighting industry with wide responsibilities, and various opportunities to influence research and development and to ensure the customers get the best product and service experience from us. At Helvar, we support you in your development as a professional. In our organization, an individual can really make a difference!