Year 2 Class Teacher
Name of Head Teacher: Mr Babar Mirza
Salary: Main Pay Scale, points M01 to M06, Salary: £29,664 to £40,372
Islamia Primary School (established on 1983) is a two form entry faith based voluntary-aided school situated in North West London. We are a consistently ‘Good’ school aspires to be nothing short of excellent in all aspects of school life and we work hard to nurture and produce a generation that contributes positively to the wider community.
We are on a journey to become an ‘Outstanding’ school and the school is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic Year 2 class teacher to join our highly dedicated team. The prospective candidate should be an ambitious, energetic and outstanding primary practitioner who can demonstrate success in raising pupil attainment and progress. The candidate must also be experienced in teaching phonics and delivering intervention.
- A positive and caring ethos and working atmosphere
- Friendly children, eager to learn and achieve
- A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team
- Excellent support from the Governing Body, the staff and parents
- An excellent opportunity for professional and career development
If you feel you have the enthusiasm and commitment to contribute to the ongoing development of this successful, friendly and supportive school, we would like to hear from you. Islamia Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education Legislation.
Fixed Term until 31st August 2019.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has previous experience in working in schools and part of a team.
- Has experience in teaching phonics and delivering intervention.
- Committed to working with children.
- Good communication skills.
- Has good interpersonal skills and the ability to support colleagues.
- Can work strategically with staff.
- Can be a positive role model.
- Respectful of the school’s ethos
- Ability to multi task.
Closing Date: Ongoing
Interview Date: Immediate
How to apply:
All applicants will be asked for:
- An enhanced DBS check
- References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before the interview
If you are interested in this role, please email via the button below.
Brent Schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check.