EAA, Core Skills and HE Team Leader
Starting at £24,915 rising to £28,098 with experience in the role
Peterborough Regional College is a large, successful college of further and higher education.
We currently have a permanent, full time opportunity for a Team Leader in the College’s ALS and SEND Team. The main responsibilities of this role are:
- To manage the team of Specialist Support Tutors and Dyslexia Specialists.
- Co-ordinate and manage the support provision for Dyslexia, English, maths, language and study skills across college and HE, including all HE related support and DSA recommendations to maximise SFE funding claims.
- Manage the provision for Exam Access Arrangements across college and Dyslexia Diagnostic Assessments for HE learners.
The working hours will usually be 8.30 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 4.30 pm on Friday. However, the working hours will vary on occasions dependent on the needs of the College.
- Level 2 college IT for work or equivalent
- Literacy/ Numeracy Level 4 or equivalent specialist qualification
- Level 4 Teaching Qualification or equivalent
- Proven experience planning and delivering teaching
In addition the post holder will either be working towards or willing to work towards a relevant qualification to carry out exam access arrangements within the first year of employment. They must have a sound knowledge of the learning barriers faced by individuals with literacy, numeracy, language and dyslexia needs and be able to recommend assistive strategies to maximise independence in learning and achieve successful outcomes. It is a requirement that the applicant is familiar with the SEND Code of Practice 2015 and JCQ regulations for exam access arrangements.
- Self-motivated and committed to continuous improvements to the service provided
- Excellent time management and flexible can do attitude
- Strong team player who is compassionate and patient