Lead Engineer (DV) - Hampshire
Currently seeking a Lead Engineer, to fulfil a contractual requirement for my client based at their offices in Hampshire; due to commence ASAP January 2019 and continue for a period of 3 months with view to extend further.
Due to the nature of the role and the time scale and requirements issued by the client, candidates have been advised to hold current highest level security clearance for this role (DV Clearance), as requested by the client.
Please find full details as per the below, provided by the client for your consideration:
Core deliverables will include:
- Direction of design
- Review and approval of technical work products
- Installation of new operating systems
- Design and transition for new ArcSight components
- Design and transition for ArcSight Flex Connectors for Event collection
- Design and transition for Windows Event Forwarding and Windows Event Collection technologies
- Follow rigid Engineering Delivery Lifecycle.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Project Manager(s) and to the Chief Engineer, the Lead Engineer will coordinate team technical activities and provide technical leadership throughout the project. Day to day responsibilities could include:
- Technical management of team members
- Act as SPOC for the project with engineering and programme management
- Prepare status reports, attend project meetings as required
- Lead author for project technical report
- Technical leadership of small teams, ability to deliver quality work products on time and to budget.
- Problem analysis and resolution
- Technical report writing
- Installation, configuration and packaging of services
- Installation and configuration of secure operating systems and Active Directory
The principal project has a challenging timescale and the role requires an ability to rapidly understand a highly complex custom system design.
- Experience of working in a secure environment
- Designing security lockdown for COTs products
- Understanding of technical risk control
- Ability to support project management
- Broad experience of a range of COTS security products
- Good understanding and proven track record of the following Technologies:
- ArcSight FlexConnector development, including multi-line log files, Extra-Processors and conditional mapping
- Troubleshooting and supporting ArcSight SmartConnectors
- Regular Expressions
- ArcSight Express, Logger, Connector Appliance, Management Center
- Configuration and transition to Windows WEF and WEC
- In-depth understanding of configuring ArcSight Connectors to conform to HMG GPG13 / Memo 22