- Full Time
Product Engineer- Competitive Salary - Bristol
We are currently recruiting for an Product Engineer to manage ongoing production by our out-sourced manufacturing partners and the process of moving new products from engineering prototype into production.
This is a great opportunity to join a leading Defense & engineering business with excellent career progression.
Whats on offer?
- An extremely competitive salary
- Great career progression working within a leading Defense & Technology business
- Generous benefits package (Flexible Working Hours, Pension Scheme, Child Care Vouchers)
Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Management of product repair cycle, covering field returns and production failures.
- Configuration control of new and existing products using custom database
- Translation of working drawings and Bills of Materials into purchasing plans using SAP ERP system, and inventory management ensuring full visibility of stock location and value throughout the production cycle
- Proactively seeking resolution to issues through engagement with the engineering and production teams
- Managing changes to existing products, convening change reviews and ensuring resulting changes are transitioned into the supply chain
- Reporting of production-related KPIs to the Leadership Team
Qualification/ Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to produce clear, detailed and accurate written documentation
- Strong communication skills and ability to liaise clearly across disciplines, internally and externally
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing processes and an understanding of production planning
- Ability to break complex project into smaller tasks and assess the relative priority and urgency of each sub task
- Ability to understand complex optoelectronic products
- Familiarity with CE marking & FCC compliance advantageous
- Knowledge of Distributed acoustic sensing, or other Fiber Optic technology advantageous
If you would like to be considered for the position please submit an application or contact Sarah Kesaulija on 01179 309 708