Technology Project Manager, to £55k, GKN Aerospace - Luton
Our client, GKN Aerospace – Luton, are seeking a Technology Project Manager to join them at London Luton Airport, Luton, Bedfordshire LU2 9PQ
The vacancy is a for Permanent employee and will pay salary up to £55,000.
This role does not currently require security clearance, however, we are advertising here as we feel it may suit prior employees of MoD DE&S, or their supplier.
About GKN Aerospace - Luton
GKN Aerospace in Luton is a world leader in commercial and military ice protection systems and transparencies.
Offering a full range of capabilities; design, analysis, testing, certification and manufacture of electro-thermal ice protection, military fast jet canopies and flight deck windows.
The Luton site provides electro-thermal ice protection, flight deck windows and fast jet canopies to over 20 programmes including: Boeing 787 Dreamliner, Airbus A320, AgustaWestland AW101, Eurofighter Typhoon and Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor.
An opportunity has arisen within the GKN Luton Programme Management team for a Technology Project Manager. This post holder will provide leadership on all technology programmes focussing specifically on meeting the project scope, to agreed deadlines, within financial budget.
They will be accountable to the Principal R&D Technology Project Manager for the successful execution of the project to meet Customer and business requirements.
- Manage multiple detailed project schedules which will include resource requirements, critical path analysis, cost performance index and schedule performance index.
- Produce and submit bid documents required to win new packages of work, identifying and securing external funding for future projects from sources such as ATI, TSB or EEC. This also includes owning and management of all IP issues and registration.
- Working closely with the GKN Principle R&D Project Manager to develop the site technology road map which aligns with present/future customer needs. This will be a key input into the businesses long term strategy, and the technology project manager will be actively involved in all strategic planning.
- Manage large project budgets, regularly reporting to the site leadership team on forecast vs actual budget spend including earned value analysis.
- Develop Academic and Supplier contacts to support future technologies and manage any developed interface (e.g. R&D at Universities).
- Ensure that all employees are fully conversant and compliant with the Company’s Health and Safety policies. Ensure that all relevant Health and Safety legislation is effectively implemented and managed.
- The ability to understand and present project requirements in logical and achievable plans.
- The ability to influence and motivate teams to deliver projects in line with requirements and maximising GKN returns.
- Understanding of the various mechanisms of external funding or where to go to find out
- Working knowledge of Project Management; preferably PRINCE II or APM qualified or willing to work towards these
- Strong leadership skills, influential manner and communication, especially when working with technical specialists
- The ability to confidently present the Project / Programme to all stakeholders (internally and externally)
- Strong planning skills, including being detail orientated is all aspects of a programme.
Experience and Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience in Project Management and delivering high value technical projects
- Strong technical background with an ability to understand complex issues
- Commercial awareness in securing and working with external funding
- Experience of influencing cross-functional relationships within the company and/or customer organisation to deliver
- Degree or equivalent level of education
- Previous project management within an aerospace capacity would be desirable
- Engineering/business qualifications preferable but not mandatory
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK, this role will not offer Visa sponsorship. Tier 2 – General visas are cannot be accepted.
Other Job Postings
Visit https://quast.workable.com for all current Quast recruitment job vacancies.