DV Senior Project Manager - DSTL - Defence Intelligence
A DV cleared Senior Project Manager is required by the Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) for a 12-month contract based at RAF Wyton, Cambridgeshire, with weekly travel to DSTL Porton Down, Wiltshire.
**The client has stated that this role is "IN-SCOPE" for the Off-Payroll Worker legislation - Maximum day rate: £495 Umbrella**
This role will support the partnership between DSTL and Joint Forces Intelligence Group (The JFIG Partnership) which was set up to provide scientific support and innovation to Defence intelligence.
The post will be based at RAF Wyton, Cambridgeshire. It is a requirement that the successful candidate would spend one or two days a week at DSTL Porton Down.
The main duties will be:
- Designing, planning, and implementing a project which delivers the desired outputs, set out in the Project Mandate.
- Defining the project's governance framework including monitoring and control regime, stakeholder engagement, risk and issue management, quality and assurance, information management, resource management, procurement plan.
- Identifying, managing and mitigating the project risks (Technical, Financial, Commercial, Health and Safety, Environmental, Security).
- Ensuring the appropriate capabilities (people, relationships, infrastructure, knowledge, licences to practice) are employed in the execution of the project.
- Tasking and management of external contracts, liaising with the Division
- Procurement Rep, Commercial, IP and others as appropriate
- Implementing Dstl's policies and processes and ensuring compliance with the Dstl Management System.
- Establishing, maintaining and controlling project documentation and management information.
- Leading change management within permitted project tolerances; adapting plans to meet changing customer, capability and business requirements and priorities.
- Defining tasks and success criteria and providing individuals with performance feedback.
- Enabling development of staff through project activities.
- Creating a positive working environment that aligns with Dstl Principles, supports diversity and enables staff working on their project to excel.
- Demonstrable project management experience within a defence environment, ideally R&D or S&T within the MOD/DSTL.
- Demonstrable agile project management experience - additional Scrum Master desirable.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness and procurement experience within a defence environment.
- Highly proficient user of MS Project 2010 and MS Excel.
- Experienced user of Sharepoint.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced ideally software-orientated environment.
DV - Developed Vetting is essential and must be actively held prior to the start of this role.