First Article Inspection Engineer - Manufacturing
A First Article Inspection Engineer is required for a long term contract assignment based in Stevenage.
Candidates will need to be apprenticeship served and educated to HND level.
To carry out First Article Inspection (FAI) activities in support of Industrial Validation plans ensuring that Manufacturing and related processes are applied across all projects and to review supplier FAIs to ensure they meet company requirements.
* Preparation of First Article Inspections through the analysis of the manufacturing datapack and understanding of the associated processes, gathering all the necessary information required.
* Delivery of First Article Inspection reports by witnessing the operations and processes being conducted in the relevant manufacturing area.
* Identification of non-conformances and areas for improvement during the FAI process ensuring the relevant supervision are made aware and understand the issues.
* Compilation of First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs) to detail findings from FAI conducted.
* Management of non-conformances to closure ensuring that the necessary actions have been taken to prevent recurrence of the issues.
* Review of Supplier FAIRs ensuring they meet the requirements placed on them by the company, liaising with the suppliers to resolve any issues identified in order to release the parts for use in production.
* Compilation of FAI metrics to inform manufacturing management for use in management reviews.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement