Head of Communications
Communications plays a pivotal role in setting the strategic direction of the agency. We are looking for an outstanding and motivated communications professional to join our strategy team and lead the agency’s internal and external communications function. This is a high profile role at the heart of the agency’s senior leadership team. You will be able to contribute to increasing the agency’s strategic influence and visibility across government and law enforcement partners to enhance our capability to protect the public from the highest harm threats.
The key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
● Acting as the strategic senior communications adviser to the agency and leadership team
● Developing strategies, tactics and creative ideas across all communication channels to increase and inform NCA audiences
● Manage and coordinate the NCA communication function, including leadership of a high performing, professionally respected communications team
● To be a proactive member of the Strategy directorate senior management team, demonstrating the NCA values
The Ideal candidate must be an accredited communications professional or with significant equivalent experience and also have extensive demonstrable knowledge across the full range of communications disciplines. Applicants will have significant communications experience at a senior level, with experience of implementing communications strategies and plans in highly complex organisations and will also have the ability to grasp the complexity of the law enforcement community and the ability to lead organisation level communications and provide strategic challenge at advice at the most senior levels.
In order to help potential applicants, learn more about the National Crime Agency, and what we do, we will be hosting a number of open evenings at our sites in London and Warrington. You will have the opportunity to hear from some of our Senior Leadership Team as well as meeting some of our officers already working at Grade 1 level from across our business.
The events will be held in the evening of:
• 4th December in London
• 6th December in Warrington
You can reserve a space at these events by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Places at each event are limited, so please confirm your place by Wednesday 28th November 2018.