Repairs Technician / Avionics Technician (RF/RADAR/Electronics)
- To repair and overhaul a wide range of Communications, Navigation, Radar, Audio units to component level. This role requires working with technologies ranging from analogue electronics to complex microprocessor electronics with the ability to repair RF circuits.
- Undertake precise mechanical work and electronics repair including through hole and surface mounted components.
- Complete fault finding, repair and testing process using specialised and general-purpose test equipment
- Undertake work in accordance with the manufacture's component maintenance manual and regulatory approvals and the company's quality system.
- Complete accurate and legible repair records and ensure they are filed in a timely manner.
- Maintain an agreed level of quality and cost effectiveness, ensuring accuracy and safety standards are met.
- Keep abreast of company working practices and procedures.
- Undertake cross-training in other technical areas in line with the requirements of the business.
- Understand and utilise the Quantum system to ensure effective delivery.
- Upon agreement work as part of an 'on call' team on a rota basis.
- Subject to the needs of the business and level of competency carry out independent inspections on other technician repairs.
- Subject to the needs of the business and level of competency be available on an on call basis for out of hours urgent customer repairs.
- Undertake training that is identified as a requirement of the role as identified by the role Manager.
- Undertake all other reasonable requests that are made by the role manager/acting manager or Directors.
- At times of reduced department staff attendance there will be a need to be flexible and provide support outside of the normal tasks of the job to ensure customer satisfaction.
- On occasion you maybe required to take on ad hoc duties which includes, but is not limited to training, department associated tasks and brief secondment to other departments.
Modis International Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Modis International Ltd UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Modis. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: www.modis.co.uk/candidate-privacy-information-statement